HC: 498A filed with oblique motive to harass husband and his parrent and hence quashed
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KARNATAKA
CIRCUIT BENCH AT GULBARGA
DATED THIS THE 06T11 1)AY OF JUNE 201 1
THE HONBLE MR.JUSTICE K.SREEDHAR AO
CRIMINAL PETITION NO.15356/2011
1. SANTOSH Sb KALLLPPA FALASKAR AGE:37 YEARS.
2. KALLAPPA Sb. AGE:67 YEARS.
3. KRISHNABAI W/O KALLAPPA AGE:(30 YEARS.
4. PAJ U S/O KALLAPPA AGE:35 YEARS.
ALL RIG NAGSHE1T KOPPA
BY SRI.SACHIN M MAHAJAN, ADV.)
1. ThE STATE OF KARNATAKA ANR
BY SADAR BAZAR POLICE STATION
RAICHUR THROUGH ITS PSI
R/BY ThE SPP, HONBLE HIGIl COURT OF KARNATAKA CIRCUIT BENCH, GULBARGA
2. SMT.SR1DEVI W/O SANTOSI-I KALASKAR
AGE: 28 YEARS.
RIO : H.NO.3-7-23. BEROON KI-JILLA
(BY SRLSUBHASH.MALLAPUR, HCGP)
ThIS CRLP IS Filed U/S. 482 OF CR.P.C BY THE
ADVOCATE FOR ThE PETITIONERS PRAYiNG THAT ThIS
HONBLE COURT MAY BE PLEASED 10, CALL FOR ThE
RECORDS AND QUASH THE CHP.RGE SHEET DATED
22.02.2010 FILED BY THE SADAR BAZAR POLICE STATION
AT RAICHUR AGAINST THE PETITIONERS HEREIN FOR
ThE ALLEGED OCFENCES P/L1/S. 498(A). 504. 506(2) R/W
SEC. 34 OF IPC AND SECTIONS 3 & 4 OF THE DOWRY
PROHIBiTION ACT. 1961 AND CONSEQUENTLY QUASH
THE ENTIRE PROCEEDINGS IN C.C. NO. 1444/2010
PENDING ON THE FILE OF THE J.M.F.C.-II AT RAICHUR.
THIS PETITION COMING ON FOR ADMISSION THIS DAY, THE COURT MADE ThE FOLLOWING:
One Srnt.Sridevi CW- 1, is the wife of petitioner No.1. Petitioner Nos.2 and 3 are the parents of ptitioner No.1. Petitioner No.4 is the brother of Petitioner No.1. The Petitioner No.1 and CW- 1 were married on 17.04.2000. The family disputes arose. It is
the case of CW- 1 that the petitioner started abusing CW- I to bring additional dowry from her parents and she was subjected to cruelty and harassment by the petitioner No.1, CW— I unable to bring additioiai dowry, left her matrimonial home and lived with her parents.
2. The CW- I says that, she was no aware of the
petition filed in Conjugal Rights and petition for divorce. The CW- 1 had filed a case for seeking maintenance before the Family Court, Raichur on 11.08.2009 and
18.08.2009. When she attended to Family Court at Raichur, the 1st petitioner along with his friends abused CW- 1 and threatened with dire consequences. if CW- 1 does not wlthdravrn the maintenance case. CW- 1 aggrieved by criminal conduct filed a private complaint under Section 200, J.M.F.C. Raichur who referred the complaint to police. The case is registered. A charge sheet Is filed for the offence punishable under Sections 498A, 504. 506. 34 IPC and Section 3 and 4 of D.P Act.
2. The Counsel for the petitioners strenuously submitted that, the complaint flied by CW- 1 is only counter blast. The petitioner No. I in fact has tiled petition seeking constitute conjugal rights The said petition was allowed. The CW- 1 refused to cohabit with petitioner No. 1.
3. The petitioner No. 1 later on filed a petition seeking divorce on the ground of desertion. In the said petition. CW- I s exparte, the divorce petition is allowed. The petitioner thus contends that, the case is registered agaiist them Ofl tile instant of CW— I is false and a concocted version
4. The counsel appearing for the petitioner submits that, there are two instance of cruelty alleged. The first instance of cruelty, that all the petitioners some time after the marriage started harassing ew- 1 to get more dowry. The said complaint does riot refer to nature, overt acts and date and time of the overt acts.
The complaint refers to a latest of criminal acts on the part of petitioner No. 1 and his friends. It is said tnat on 11.08.2009 and 18.08.2009. when CW-1 came tO the Family Court., petitioner No.1 and his fritd threaten and tire consequence and directed her to withdraw her petition filed by her.
5. In respect of 2T’ld instance, the allegation is only against petitioner No. 1. There is no allegation against the pctitioner Nos.2 to 4. In the further statement. CW- I states thai she does not know who the friend were. Petitioier No.1 threatened her with dire consequence at tne Family Court Raichur. In respect of 1 instance, the allegations are vague. The CW– 1 has not stated why she has not filed complaint immediately alleging cruelty and dowry harassment at the earliest. The conduct of CW- 1 in filing the complaint after grant of divorce suggests dubious intention on the part of CW- 1. The averment in the complaint discloses that CW- 1 was aware of petition filed for conjugal rights and petition for divorce. CW- I could have contested the said case and prove her theory. The facts reveal that, the petitioner No.1 is paying maintenance to CW- I and the said case is still pending. In the context of the facts stat.ed above, it is inferable that the ‘ornpIaint is gi cii with oblique motive oniy to harass the’ accuscd.In that view, the proceedings in C.C No. 144/2010 on the file of J.M.F.C lind Court at Raichur, are quashed.
- Anti Rape Law
- Application Formats
- 498A discharge under 239 CrPC
- Argument for Discharge 239
- Bail -Format
- CAVEAT Petition-Format
- Court Techniques
- CrPC 91
- Divorce Format
- EXEMPT FROM PERSONAL APPEARANCE
- Perjury CrPC 340
- RTI to DGP
- RTI To Police on False 498a Arrest
- RTI with Wife's Employer
- Cracking 498a
- Data & Statistics
- Domestic Violence Act 2005
- Fighting KIT-498a
- Gender Neutral Laws
- Child Custody
- CrPC 125
- CrPC 407 Transfer
- False Rape
- Guardians & Wards Act (GAWA)
- Hindu Minority & Guardianship Act (HMGA)
- HMA 24
- IT/ Hacking
- Maintainace in DV Act
- PWDVA 2005
- Quashing 498a
- Justice Shiv Narayan Dhingra
- Multiple maintenance
- Gujarat HC-CrPC 125 only allows Monthly, no lumpsum payments for Residence
- Madras HC- Police to file perjury under CrPC 340 against wife for filing forged documents.
- CIC-Husband entittle to get copies of complaints filed by his wife under RTI Act
- हिंदू विवाह अदिनियम् -हिन्दू विरोदी व पक्ष पाती
- CALCUTTA HC:- Coming with unclean hands – disqualifies litigant from obtaining any relief
- Movie Review – Dawat-e-Ishq
- Good Women vs Bad Men—An insight into media gender stereotyping
- False Rape Statistics—Young love often reported as rape in our ‘cruel society’ – The Hindu
- CALCUTTA HC- The future salary not being a tangible corporeal property the same cannot be attached for recovery of the arrear maintenance.
- Dowry law misused by disgruntled housewives, stop automatic arrests: SC
- RT @mynationtwits: LandMark Judgments: Wife's abuse shall cause injury to the husband and his relations constituted cruelty. https://t.co/c… 5 months ago
- Indian wives ranked third in beating husbands, Egyptian tops. Any one bothered about the conviction rates? ND dey talk equality. 5 months ago
- RT @satyaprakash14u: DV On MEN Indian wives ranked third in beating husbands, Egyptian tops m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/eng… #MensDay19Nov #SayNoT… 5 months ago
The family of the writer was tortured by the Indian Law which are bias against the Indian Husband. Thousands of 498A, DV Act 2005 & Maintenance cases are filed each year in India by women seeking to wreak vengeance on their husbands and in-laws. Enormous sums are extorted from intimidated families implicated in these cases by corrupt Indian police officers and elements of the Indian judiciary. The author and his family haven't bribed any public official nor have they given in to the extortion. This blog aims to raise awareness of due process in India. The content of this blog constitutes, opinions, observations, and publicly available documents. The intent is not to slander or defame anyone or any institution and is the manifestation of the author's right to freedom of expression – with all the protections this right guarantees.