Save Indian Marriages : Stop the law on marriage amendment bill from gifting all husband and his parents property to Wife
Pls click the link below and sign the Petition on Change.org
If you are a Indian parent of a son or a male who wants to get married and live happily support this petition.
Our Institution of marriage and family as a whole is under threat
Our politicians are creating a one sided law that will reduce indian marriages to prostitution and one sided blackmail.
Both opposition BJP and ruling Congress are hand in glove on this. In fact BJP is demanding that men should lose even more on this
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU
1) New Mariiage Amenedment Bill law proposes that Only Husband’s entire property regardless of whether it was inherited or acquired pre-marriage be treated as matrimonial asset and half of it must be given to wife on divorce.
The law is unfair
a ) since today women also earn .
b) Remember today 50% of indian marriages in Cities are ending in divorce , most of these within less than one year and women are initiators on most of these. It is grossly unfair to punish men for divorce they did not want and when marriage is so extremely short
c) This opens doors for blackmail – Even today in India in almost every divorce case women file false criminal charges to extort money from in-laws , this will lead to rise in such instances.
2) Law does not bring into ambit property or valuables owned by women, they are in fact protected under stridhan, hence even if a woman is rich today , she will still take away half the property of man who may have lesser means than her
3) Law is particularly harsh on Senior Citizens, parents of the boy as even property that may be inherited in future is brought in ambit. THink bulk of people are able to buy one house at best in lifetime, what if their daughter in-laws get share in it , where will retired Senior citizens go ?
4) Already if you look at any matrimonial site or around you you will find divorce in every second house in the cities and bulk of it break within six months of a marriage . How legitimate is it to gift away half of man’s property , when women are not ready to adjust even a bit for marriage today
5) Today bulk of divorces & separation are result of being initiated on behalf of women under insinuation from parents and relatives . People’s resolve to carry marriages is low.
6) This will incentivise divorce and marriage will become a get rich quick scheme for women by getting divorce. Hence Divorces will increase
7) Religious conversions will rise as people may have to change religion to preserve their property
8) Live-In relationships will rise like in western countries as men will be scared to get into marriage .
WHAT WE DEMAND
1) Make law gender neutral , bring all property both women and men in ambit of law
2) Incentivise marriage and prevent misuse. Do not allow property acquired to be shared unless the couple has lived together for 5 years.
3) Inherited property to be shared in case there are kids with a rider that father gets joint or equal custody of kids
4) Revoke grant of inherited property to interested party , if person receiving the grant remarries
5) STOP THIS LAW TILL ALL SECTIONS OF SOCIETY ARE TAKEN INTO CONFIDENCE
Support this petition, say no to sharing of any pre-marriage property.
Let our illiterate policians know we will not allow our marriages to be trifled with
Think tommorow you get married and your wife throws your parents out of their own house and brings her lover to live in this
Think tommorow your wife will decamp with your ancestors entire wealth legally . Read below
STOP THIS LAW
Sh. Kapil Sibal, Honorable Minister of Law and Justice ,Government of India
Arun Jaitley, Leader of Opposition, Rajya Sabha
Sh. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India
Rajdeep Sardesai, Indian Journalist
Sub: Marriage Amendment Bill
We the citizens of India request you to stop fiddling with basic framework of Indian Marriages and let us live.
Already we are panned with Laws such as DV Act , 498 A which are being misused to blackmail men openly in nyour police stations to provide money.
We want our marriages to continue, but your laws are making it impossible for any decent Hindu male to continue marriage.
Women today are working, yet you are making laws rooted in 19th century.
How fair is it to propose that
1) Only women should have right to divorce
2) All Wealth of male member and his family be divided in half and given to female . Those who create the wealth as inheritance for children mean it to be used for their children then on what basis are you asking them to give their hard earned saving to a daughter in law whose sole intention is to grab their money and not contribute to the family
3) Why don’t you make female also divide streedhan and her inheritance
4) Why not apply it to Muslims or is it because you want all of us to convert to Islam to lead a happy married life
5) Mr Jaitley do you support this as you feel you can help greedy legal fraternity ???
6) How do you propose to stop its misuse , most of marriage today end in divorce within two years, and society at large has grown to accept divorces, in such environment how will you prevent misuse
7) If you pass the bill , in cities women will marry just to get man’s property share ,and then divorce putting our society at risk
8) Crime against women will rise as men will conspire ihe total loss of their family wealthn rural areas to dispose off their wives rather than risk t
STOP THIS MARRIAGE AMENDMENT BILL SAVE HINDUISM