FAQ’s- Transfer Petition
- What is transfer petition?
- Normally, Husband or wife can put transfer petition to transfer the petition from the place where it is initiated to the place of convenience. If the source place and the destination place are in the same state then transfer petition has to be put in the high court of the same state. If the source place and the destination place are in the different state then transfer petition has to be put in the Supreme Court.
- My wife has put a transfer petition in the supreme court. What shall I do?
- Hire a supreme court lawyer and read our section strategy on TP.
- Can I pay her travel charges and get the transfer petition in my favor?
- Yes nowadays this is the standard set by the supreme court.
- I face threat to life in her hometown. Will Supreme court gives importance to this?
- Normally, supreme Court does not consider this but in some cases they have transferred to a neutral place on this factor .